
Longnose Hawkfish Oxycirrhites typus

Coral Grouper Cephalopholis miniata

Red Sea Clownfish (Tower Bar Anemonefish) Amphiprion bicinctus
One of the many activities that we can partake in while in Egypt is a dive/snorkel trip to the reefs of Ras Mohammed National Park. We are blessed with the ability of being able to visit these prestine environments. The reefs of Ras Mohammed are among the world's most protected and they are free of the pollutants and damage caused by humans. Many divers that have traveled to other reefs in places like the Caribbean, Hawaii and parts of Australia say that Ras Mohammed is by far, a much better place to dive. The uniqueness of Ras Mohammed comes from the fact that many of the species found there are endemic, and are found nowhere else on earth. Also, Ras Mohammed is home to the threatened Hawksbill Sea Turtle, a sight rarely seen outside of the Red Sea! You do not need to be a professional diver to enjoy this. I highly reccomend this for everyone because the state of our planet's environmental health is declining and sadly, we may not have treasures like this much longer. Do not miss this opportunity! I am a marine biology major and this is an oppurtunity that I am so thankful for. I'd like to just provide you with a quick taste of some of the common fish you might encounter.
All the best...
-The Mariner
No comments:
Post a Comment